The business of the proposed NOGCDEC in terms of projects will cut across SOCIO – ECONOMIC AND ENVIRONMENT. A triple line bottom approach, in most of our projects, to touch every areas of the inhabitants of these communities, which has to do with their lives, where they live, work and have their leisure and pleasure, including their environment, source of lively hood, security and well-being. From our appraisal, here are some of the businesses and areas we are looking at to begin with, from feasibility assessment carried out, to continue with proper scoping and analysis even to developing an integrated economic and budget planning and work system/ database for employment, work and financial report, security, monitoring and compliance that will enhance timely response and good decision making and planning from the hierarchy of the proposed organogram draw down from the central/National, down to communities across these regions in various states, as this scheme will help to monitor and promote success in the following areas mostly with the help of an Ecological master plan denoting and showing the present state and situations and challenges and needs of the oil and gas producing communities.
Our projects will entail the following areas:
- AGRICULTURE and AGRO-CULTURE – Food/cash crops, afforestation, rice farming, plantations (cotton, cassava, palm kernel, plantain, banana, maize, tomato and fisheries etc.
- ECOLOGY – ENVIRONMENT (ECOLOGICAL MASTER PLAN /ENVIRONMENTAL SENSITIVITY INDEX/GIS)
- SECURITY (OIL AND GAS FACILITIES, ENVIRONMENT, FARM PRODUCE/EVACUATION AND PEOPLE)
- INFRASTRUCTURAL DEVELOPMENT – Human – Capital and Basic/social amenities
- EDUCATION – GRANTS & SCHOLARSHIP (Scholarship monitoring scheme for higher Education only. i.e. colleges of Education, Polytechnics and University)
- INDUSTRIALIZATION – Partnership/investment – FDI– FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT, BOT– BUILD OPERATE AND TRANFER, TECNOLOGY TRANSFER (Industrial parks, oil and gas, Industries & factories)
- SME- small medium enterprise (EMPOWERMENT)
- PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED RECOGNITION AND EMPOWERMENT
- SKILL ACQUISITION